From the ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans have used lavender oil for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. It is the most notable and liked oil among all due to its charming smell and fantastic ability to calm the mind and body.
The points discussed here:
- What Is Essential Oil
- Extraction Method
- What Is Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Properties of Lavender Essential Oil
- Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- Use of Lavender Essential Oil
- Packaging of Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 Best Lavender Essential Oils
- Effectiveness of Lavender Oil
- Lavender Oil Cautions
- Directions of Using Lavender Oil
- When You Cannot Use Lavender Oil
Lavender essential oil is also very helpful to the skin. It keeps it healthy and gets rid of blemishes. Regulated use will give you more beautiful and likable skin.
Lavender oil can also be used on hair, in food, for home, as an insect repellent and of course as a deodorizer. It is considered a must-have in many household and society.
[ Read Also: 10 Best Frankincense Essential Oils for Face and Skin ]
What Is Essential Oil?
Essential oils are aromatic organic compounds. It is the liquid extracts of plants. They are evaporative and can be light sensitive as well.
They are derived by a definite method of distilling any part of the plant. It may include the seeds, roots, bark, stems, leaves, fruit, flowers or even branches. Each plant has its own way.
- Expressed Oils
- Steam Distillation – Steam Distillation is a very slow process carried out at low temperatures to maintain the quality and therapeutic benefits of the extracting essential oil.
- Solvent Extraction
- Fractional Distillation and Percolation
- Carbon Dioxide Extraction
- Phytonic Process
What Is Lavender Essential Oil?
- Botanical Name: Lavandula Officinalis
- Plant Part: Flower
- Methods Of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Color: Pale Yellow To Yellow Liquid
- Consistency: Thin, Water-Like
- Flash Point: 212 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Aromatic Scent: Floral, Herbaceous, Fresh Scent With A Balsamic Woody Undertone.
[ Read Also: 10 Best Peppermint Essential Oils for Face and Skin ]
Lavender Essential Oil Blends Well With
- Clary Sage
Properties of Lavender Essential Oil
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- Soothing to irritated, reddened, overexposed to sun skin
- Diminish acne, pimple, blackheads, etc.
- Evens out skin tone
- Nourishes moisturizes scalps and hair
- Prevents hair fall
- Aid hair growth
- Treats dry scalp, fungi, bacteria, and other microbes
- Promotes peaceful sleep
- Helps relieve stress
- Calming and relaxing
- Improves mood
- Insect repellent
- Versatile and complementary to other oils
- Immune System Booster
- Treats Respiratory Disorders
- Facilitates Digestion
- Helps Urine Flow
Use of Lavender Essential Oil
- Cleaning Products
- Custom Massage And Body Oils
- Linen Closet
- Oil Burner
- Pillows, Bedding, Or Bottoms Of Feet
- Spa And Home Care
[ Read Also: 10 Best Essential Oils to Use for Sensitive Skin ]
Packaging of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is light sensitive and can break down if left in open. That is why use a high-quality glass infused with a UV colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation.
List of Fantastic Therapeutic Grade Pure Lavender Oils – Editor’s Pick – Ranked from Worst to Best (rating changeable):
- Sky Organic 100% Pure Organic Lavender Oil Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 4.5
- Essential Oil Labs Lavender Oil Premium Therapeutic Grade – 4.4
- Zongle Therapeutics USDA Certified Bulgarian Organic Lavender Essential Oil – 4.4
- Sweet Essentials Premium Organic 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil – 4.3
- doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil – 4.3
- Fabulous Frannie 100% Pure Essential Oil, Lavender – 4.3
- Healing Solution Lavender 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 4.3
- Artizen Lavender 100% PURE & NATURAL Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil – 4.3
- Plant Therapy 100% Pure Essential Oils, Lavender – 4.3
- Pure Body Naturals Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil – 4.2
The Reasons to Make Them the Best Essential Oils
Gathering 11,011 real-life online users’ opinion and experience, these oils have to make into this short list. Common people like you resorted to online shopping has given their words for your help.
10. Pure Body Naturals Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil
Through an application on the skin or diffusing one can get beneficial including anxiety and stress relief, bug repellent, headache soothing, and much more. This Bulgarian oil is steam-distilled that keeps it truer to its majestic natural scent. For that applying Pure Body Naturals Bulgarian Lavender, Essential Oil works as a perfume. It can be used is DIY cosmetics too. The bottles are tested for safety. Each of them is certified 100% pure and chemical-free. It is very gentle and is widely used for aromatherapy.
9. Plant Therapy 100% Pure Essential Oils, French Lavender
Using the steam distillation process this lavender oil is derived from Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) flowers collected from the beautiful land of France. It has no cheap additive or fillers only the pure extract. Add Plant Therapy 100% Pure Essential Oils, French Lavender in your lotion and apply on the skin or can be mixed with a carrier oil for a good massage. Use it in the diffuser and alleviate all your stress. Not only it soothes the skin but all have great aesthetic effects.
8. Artizen Lavender 100% PURE & NATURAL Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Its unparalleled purity and concentration will make Artizen Lavender 100% PURE & NATURAL Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil your favorite oil to keep in the cabinet. No adulterants or dilution. Just uncompromising quality. Its routine test keeps the oils under check which makes it absolutely safe to be applied on skin with a carrier oil or DIY cosmetic and recipes. Your skin will clear up and will feel more radiant and healthier than before. You get the soft smooth texture and even tone overall.
7. Healing Solution Lavender 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Pure and rigorous quality of Healing Solution Lavender 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil has won much hearts since its manufacture. Many users are loyal to it and never changed the brand. The oils distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified, FDA Registered to make sure you get stuff worthy of your money. It comes in 10ml amber glass essential oil bottle and with a European Dropper Cap included. Use a few drops to relax and heal. Therapy at home.
6. Fabulous Frannie 100% Pure Essential Oil, Lavender
Just like the name, it is fabulous for aromatherapy. This undiluted therapeutic grade pure essential oil will take down your sense a notch down and help you to calm, relax and focus on what is needed. A neat cut. Fabulous Frannie 100% Pure Essential Oil, Lavender will help you with any skincare products, perfumes, candles and more as needed. You can use it at home for your family and workplace on customers without a worry as the oil is safe to use.
5. doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
If you have skin irritation or any kind of problem like acne, spot, try and use doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil. It soothes your skin, kills bacteria and evens complexion all over. It can also give you a peace of mind by helping you in calming down. Use it for peaceful sleep, relaxation, tension relief, and soothing irritated skin, for diffusion, internal, or topical use. Also, you can use it to keep your house clean. But the best thing is it is food grade so add a little bit to your cooking for a citrusy feel.
4. Sweet Essentials Premium Organic 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil
Directly from the beautiful land of France here comes a magical bottle to solve many of your problems including skin, mind, and housing. Sweet Essentials Premium Organic 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil is antiseptic and antifungal that inhibits the bacteria that cause skin infection. So use it to treat and soothe various skin problems like acne and psoriasis, cuts, scrapes, burns, and sunburns. Also, know that it can be used to treat Sufferers of Chicken Pox!! It soothes the itch and eliminates the spots. Can be used on hair too.
3. Zongle Therapeutics USDA Certified Bulgarian Organic Lavender Essential Oil
This USDA Certified Organic Lavender Essential Oil is steamed distilled and ethically produced by using methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices. The system is believed to foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Zongle Therapeutics USDA Certified Bulgarian Organic Lavender Essential Oil is naturally extracted without using any synthetic, fertilizers, irradiation, pesticides, sewage sludge, or genetic engineering. It is even safe for ingestion. GSMC and Microbial Tested from France. Certified and Bottled in the USA. Use on skin, aromatherapy and more.
2. Essential Oil Labs Lavender Oil Premium Therapeutic Grade
This oil here is ethically sourced in Bulgaria. The bottle contains no fillers, carrier oils or pesticides. Essential Oil Labs Lavender Oil Premium Therapeutic Grade can help in conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. It soothes and reduces the symptoms well. It can be your defense against wrinkles as it repairs and rejuvenate dry chapped skin and restore complexion. Stimulates hair growth and helps kill lice. It speed heals of cuts, scrapes, insect bites and burns while treating infections due to its antimicrobial properties.
1. Sky Organic 100% Pure Organic Lavender Oil Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
Satisfies you need and makes your skin better with every use. Sky Organic 100% Pure Organic Lavender Oil Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil provides the highest quality product that you can use on you and your valued one’s kin without hesitation. The bottle contains 100% pure and organic Lavender oil, steam distilled by artisanal farmers in the South of France only. It is also eco-friendly and has been never tested on animals. Use it for aromatherapy, with a diffuser, in homemade cosmetics or with your regular product. Get a massage or hop in the tub with a few drops.
These bottles have a dropper too. Make sure you get your one.
Effectiveness of Lavender Oil
It takes a humongous amount of the source to create just a pound of the essential oil. It is basically a very high concentrated property of the derived herb or plant.
One drop of peppermint essential oil is equivalent to 26-28 cups of peppermint tea. That is why it is important to study the oils nicely in and out and get advice from experts.
The molecular size of the essential oil is very small. Due to that fact it can penetrate the skin very well and reach the bloodstream
Lavender Oil Cautions
- Always use essential oil only after diluting it in a lot of amounts.
- 3-5 drops essential oil in a spoonful is more than enough for an adult.
- Never use it on broken or wounded skin without proper caution
- Keep it away from sunlight
- Do not keep the lid open
- All oil cannot be consumed
- They are very expensive, use smart
- A small amount goes a long way
- Check for allergies
Directions of Using Lavender Oil
- Diffusion: 3-4 drops in the diffuser
- Internal use: Dilute 1 drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topical use: 1-2 drops to dilute with a carrier oil
When You Cannot Use Lavender Oil
Boys: It has effects on hormone, so boys who have not yet reached puberty, should not use lavender oil. Be extra careful with any child while using any essential oil.
Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding: It is still not clear whether you should or not use oil while being pregnant or breastfeeding but stay on the safer side and avoid using it. Or you can consult your doctor before using.
Surgery: It is believed to have an effect on CNS (central nervous system). Used in combination with anesthesia and/or other medications given during and after any surgery might slow down the system way too much. So, stop using lavender at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery and resume only after consulting with an expert.
Lift Up Your Senses
2-3 drops of essential oil every other day is not a bad idea to spend the time or work. So relaxing after all!